Center for Student Involvement East
340 Student Center East
750 South Halsted St.,
Chicago, IL 60607
Text the word "BeUIC" to 71441 to receive one text on Tuesdays from Center for Student Involvement
Our mission is to build a foundation for holistic development through educational, social, leadership, and cultural programming for UIC students.
-Center for Student Involvement
To register with the University, student organizations must file a registration application with the Center for Student Involvement according to the following guidelines :
- The name of the organization must not include words such as "University," "University of Illinois at Chicago," "Flames" or any abbreviation thereof.
- The purpose, goals, and membership requirements (e.g., GPA requirements and/or other obligations, such as dues) of the organization must be clearly stated on the registration form as they are outlined in the organization's constitution (generally, membership is restricted to registered students, faculty and staff). The purpose of the organization may not be in violation of civil law or University of Illinois at Chicago's Statutes and/or regulations. A description of activities and events planned should be provided.
- The name, phone number and e-mail address of an assigned primary contact must be listed on their organization’s OrgSync profile. This allows interested individuals to reach the primary contact should they have any questions about the organization. Likewise, the name and phone number of the primary contact is published in the student organization listing, which is made available to the public.
- Three currently enrolled UIC students must listed as the registered officers. Two of whom must be the president and the treasurer (if no person has been designated to perform such duties, that registered officer does by this statement assume the responsibilities of such offices). These registered officers are authorized by the organization to act for it in its relations with the University.
- The name, department affiliation, campus address, phone and e-mail address, as well as the signature of the faculty or academic staff member acting as the organization's advisor. The advisor must be either a full-time faculty or staff member as approved by the Associate Director of the Center of Student Involvement (CSI). Students, teaching assistants, and part-time staff are generally not eligible, however some exceptions may be approved by the Associate Director of CSI. Because an advisor may withdraw his/her participation at any time, it is the responsibility of the student organization to find an appropriate replacement or face cancellation
- It is the responsibility of the student organization officers to attend the Organization Renewal Workshop and successfully complete the organization registration form on OrgSync.
- A current constitution, containing a statement of purpose of the organization, shall exist and a copy must be submitted to Center for Student Involvement. It will be made available to any interested party on request by the registered officers. If the organization is nationally affiliated, a copy of the national constitution must also be submitted.
- The president, treasurer, and an optional third officer are required to fill out the COF Account registration form included in the registration packet. These officers will be the only members allowed to access the COF account. The advisor may not be the third officer. The form must include current addresses, phone numbers, e-mail, and signatures.
Copyright © 2014 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois